rice bran & pomegranate facial cleansing oil
a luxurious cleansing oil with rice bran, pomegranate, and castor seed oils. pink grapefruit, red mandarin, lemon peel, and bergamot provide a gently uplifting citrus scent.
cleanse, hydrate, restore.
our facial cleansing oil for all skin types is infused with a blend of soothing and replenishing oils, including rice bran, pomegranate and castor seed. this hydrating cleansing oil gently cleanses, nourishes and comforts skin, while sweeping away dirt, makeup, and sebum that can clog pores and compromise skin health.
layer: cleanse as the first step in your skincare routine, just prior to the oatmeal cleansing milk
- lifts makeup, dirt, and oil
- helps to hydrate dry, sensitive, and aging skin
- sets the stage for the next step in your cleansing routine
size: 2 oz / 60 ml
- rice bran oil is a moisturizer which brightens the skin and contains anti-oxidants. it is a valuable nutrient for very dry skin.
- pomegranate oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant effects. it has been shown to assist in skin regeneration and skin elasticity, and is wonderfully nourishing for the skin.
- castor seed oil is a viscous oil with analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. it’s often used as a “dirt magnet” to remove makeup and cleanse skin, and as a skin conditioning agent.
- pink grapefruit helps to reduce excess oiliness while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. grapefruit oil has antimicrobial and anti-fungal effects.
- red mandarin possesses an aroma which is both uplifting and deeply relaxing.
- lemon peel is able to reduce both pigmentation and oil on facial skin.
- bergamot fruit has antibacterial and balancing properties which make it excellent for use on oily skin.
Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, Oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, Ricinis communis (castor) seed oil*, Punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherol (vitamin E), Citrus paradisi (grapefruit) peel oil, Citrus reticulata (mandarin orange) peel oil, Citrus limon (lemon) peel oil*, Citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil*, citral **, limonene**, linalool**
* certified organic
**naturally occurring ingredients of essential oils
to use, apply several drops of cleanser to dry skin. massage over face and neck, add water, and massage again. gently remove with lukewarm water prior to following with a cream-based cleanser. to use as a makeup remover, apply to cotton pad and wipe over dry skin. for best results, follow with oatmeal cleansing milk, lotus flower & rosewater toner and jasmine serum or a facial oil while skin is still damp. use in the evenings as the first step in your double-cleanse, or twice daily when skin is particularly dry and stressed. for external use only, beauty.
for more beauty, see how to layer.
made by hand in small batches. please use within 6 months of opening.
what is a facial cleansing oil?
facial cleansing oils are wonderfully multi-functional products. they can be used to remove makeup, as the first step of a double cleanse, or even as a light moisturizer.
how do I use an oil as a makeup remover?
apply a small amount of oil to a clean cloth, sponge, or cotton pad. swipe over your face and around the eyes gentle to lift your makeup, oil, and dirt. the secret ingredient that magically lifts makeup? castor oil.
what is double-cleansing and why should I do it?
during a double-cleanse, you wash your face in two stages: first, with an oil-based cleanser to remove sebum, makeup, and sunscreen, and second, with a water-based cleanser to wash away sweat and dirt (oil and water don’t mix, beauty). we love double-cleansing as it helps to limit breakouts and truly sets the stage for more effective absorption of your next layer of products.
how do I double-cleanse?
step 1: apply a few drops of your rice bran & pomegranate facial cleansing oil to your fingertips and massage over your dry face gently. add water and massage further to begin emulsifying the oil. rinse off with lukewarm water or remove with a damp towel.
step 2: apply a few pumps of your cream-based oatmeal cleansing milk to your fingertips and massage over your face gently. rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
it doesn’t take long, and we promise you’ll notice the difference. while we recommend double-cleansing twice daily, reality tells us that an evening double-cleanse works best for most of us mere mortals.
how would I use the oil as a moisturizer?
after cleansing and toning, apply a few drops of the rice bran & pomegranate facial cleansing oil to damp skin. massage in gently over face and neck. we recommend this routine at night, as the cleansing oil is a better heavier than our regular facial oils.
can men use this product?
while we love our men, this isn’t necessarily the best product for their skin. we use a mélange of essential oils to provide a bright citrus scent, and these can be irritating on skin which has just been shaved. for this reason, we recommend that men use our oatmeal cleansing milk as their primary facial wash instead.