ayurvedic lip butter
$ 7.50 $ 15.00
anokha®'s ayurvedic lip butter blends organic beeswax with essential oils to deeply hydrate and protect the lips. Peppermint essential oil adds a refreshing lift. Perfect for all dosha types.
what it does:
- hydrates chapped and dry lips
- nourishes for improved softness
- acts as a base for lipstick or gloss
why it works:
- castor seed oil is a skin conditioning agent which also helps to stabilize the texture and consistency of cosmetic products.
- beeswax forms a protective barrier when applied to the skin to hold in moisture to reduce dryness. As a humectant, beeswax also attracts water molecules to increase hydration. It is additionally a good source of vitamin A.
- camellia oil is an outstanding emollient which keeps skin soft and supple. It is rapidly absorbed into the skin and is non-comedogenic. It also helps to repair damage secondary to aging and dehydration.
- sunflower seed oil is high in vitamins A, E, and D. It is readily absorbed into the skin and is often used a carrier oil for essential oils.
- tocopherol (vitamin E) is an antioxidant which can help to prevent free radical damage to the skin, an anti-inflammatory, and moisturizer.
- peppermint contains vitamin A and is soothing to the skin.
Ricinus communist (castor) seed oil*, beeswax*, Camellia oleifera (tea oil plant) seed oil, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, tocopherol (vitamin E) oil, Mentha piperita (peppermint) essential oil*
To use, apply to lips as often as needed. Excellent in the evening as an overnight hydration treatment for the lips. For external use only.
Made by hand in small batches. Please use within six months of opening.